bathroom renovation - tub trap and vent advice

Users who are viewing this thread

sjb4

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just finished with my demo of my 2 bathrooms and I need some advise based on NJ plumbing code s. My main bathroom is a tub surround and will have a new standard alcove bathtub (30"x 60") BUT the tub trap drain and rough in valve will be on the LEFT side wall, as shown in red on the pic.

questions

1. Regarding the tub trap to vent distance, do I I need to run a new vertical vent stack on the left side vertically and then from the top ceiling and over to the the existing vent stack or can just use use my drain pipe and use the existing vent stack on the right side wall, see attached pic ?

2. Regarding the PVC tub waste drain pipe I assume to use1 1/2in for NJ plumbing code ?

3. My second bathroom is a shower only and the plumbing for the lavatory is adjacent to this first bathroom ,see attached pic, and I am not changing the the shower drain location. The closed bend locations are staying the same, but any suggestion on the new connections for the PVC drain pipes ?

4. For the rough in valves for the tub surround bathroom and shower bathroom , can I use 3/4in instead of 1/2, since I will be using PEX A ?

thanks ,

Steve

Attachments

• tubdrain&vent.jpg
    tubdrain&vent.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 150
  • 20230323_173115.jpg
    20230323_173115.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 142

LWC4151

Reaction score
Its kinda hard to tell distance but you probably want to run a vent for the new tub location. They surely want 2" for tub/shower drains, vent can be 1.5. You probably dont want to use 3/4 for the lines as it will talk for ever get hot water with the larger volume

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks