Bathroom renovation drainage

Users who are viewing this thread

Charles Ford

Reaction score
Alright guys, got an interesting one for you. I am building out a new bathroom and want to make sure I have my drainage lined up to snuff before the rough in. I have a 3 inch drain line running 8 ft to the stack with a 1.5 inch sink and 2in shower dumping into the 3 inch drain along the way. The kicker is that I had to drop the 3 inch pipe below the joists to avoid cutting through them and will hide it with a chase. That means in order to drain the shower after the P-trap, I'll need a long sweep 90, 2-3 foot drop to get below the floor and joist, then 45 over a vent, then another 45 to a vertical drop into a long sweep 90 into the 3 inch drain line. Will that drain properly? I understand it's a lot of turns but options are limited here. The shower would follow a similar path, just not as large of an initial drop. Any and all advice from those more experienced than myself are welcome! Thanks, guys.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks