• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeinMass

Reaction score
So, I've gutted my bathroom, had a plumber install a new tub and do a partial re-do of the plumbing - I wanted it all replaced. When this was finished I found a bent over piece of old crumbling wallboard that he attached the shower head to. (see pics). Well I thought, given this I really had to question the rest of his work, did the copper leak (he didn't test it) did the drain leak (he didn't test it) and the bathtub squeaks at lot. Turns out the copper does not leak (at least not now) but the drain does. Am I expecting too much here?

Attachments

• IMAG0171.jpg
    IMAG0171.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 308
  • IMAG0163.jpg
    IMAG0163.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 329

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't see a reason for the drywall behind the shower drop ear.
And the tub drain should not be leaking. I can't comment on the squeaking, because sometimes they do. It somewhat depends on the tub.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
The piece of drywall is to bring the drop ear forward 1/2". You can replace it with a piece of wood, if it's needed, or move the blocking forward.
The location of the blocking has to be figured out knowing how the wall going to be finished (cement board and tile thickness, etc).

Call your plumber to re-do the drain, then have him test it by filling the tub (or at least half full), then releasing the drain.
Ask him about the squeak.
Also ask him why he didn't test his work.

And no, you are not asking for too much.

Have you paid him in full?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks