Bathroom remodel nightmare

Users who are viewing this thread

Belva

Reaction score
Gutted my guest bathroom of the bath tub, toilet and tile floor. Hired a company to put in a shower, toilet, lights and paint.
The cuts on the tile are off the grout is missing in places and is of different colors. The shower floor tile is messed up as well.
There is nothing pretty about this room.
They built the wall for the shower and im not sure about the pan.
To glance at the work it appeared okay but my gosh Im thoroughly disgusted with the work. Can this be fixed or am I just screwed.
Ive paid for the work already

Attachments

• 0AF51283-EFD8-4ED9-8318-265383E38DF9.jpeg
    0AF51283-EFD8-4ED9-8318-265383E38DF9.jpeg
    41.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 41DAC94D-BFA3-41DD-A021-EE12FB811168.jpeg
    41DAC94D-BFA3-41DD-A021-EE12FB811168.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 227
  • 0583EF35-9AE7-45A5-B56E-F64C085A85F7.jpeg
    0583EF35-9AE7-45A5-B56E-F64C085A85F7.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 217

Belva

Reaction score
Contacted the company and mentioned my concerns
Grout all different colors
I dont want them to do any repairs if they didnt do it right in the beginning whose to say it will be done right this time.
Theres so many errors I could have done better and they have 20+ years of experience

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Fitter: Judge Judy retired.
This job can't be repaired. Rip it and do it again.

Belva

Reaction score
Thanks everyone
I messed up bad by hiring them for remodel.
I was thinking my only hope to get it done right was to get my money back hopefully thru small claims court.
Ive been sick over this
They dont answer calls

Reaction score
Even if any of it could be fixed, i doubt it would be anything but a cosmetic bandaid. Ask for you money back and hope nothing they did has compromised anything else that is going to make it more work to fix. Start getting quotes from other remodelers and getting your paperwork in line for small claims court or civil court.

By the looks this was done without permits (an inspector would not have passed the drain). If you paid a significant amount get a lawyer that will work on contingency and hope to get back something.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
One of if not the worst Ive seen. Might have been in buisness 20 years but not with work like that no way. Something else is going on. I guess a complete refund would be a help. I personaly would not allow them back on my property (except perhaps the owner) . Keep us posted what happens on this job and please dont let them attempt any repair.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks