Bathroom remodel DWV plan feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

TPasq

Reaction score
Hi all,

I"m remodelling a 1/2 bath in my house to a 3/4 with an attached laundry room. I was hoping you could take a look at my DWV plan and see if I have things sorted out. I am in upstate New York under the 2015 IRC.
IMG_20200624_0002.jpg IMG_20200624_0003.jpg
Something that might not be obvious from the diagrams is that the entire bathroom and adjoining laundry room was originally an exterior porch (on a concrete foundation 18" above the ground) and some steps down to the ground. The bathroom is built over the steps and the 3" drain pipe goes through the foundation of the house to connect to the drain of the house. As a result, the waste pipe is much lower than the subfloor. So I need to run their drain pipes to the edge of the concrete foundation and drop them down to meet the drain. I'm hoping to still make horizontal connections to the branch pipe so I can wet vent both the shower and the lav.

Please let me know if anything seems out of place or just wrong. This forum has been a big help finding answers to questions I didn't even know I had during this process.

Thanks,

Tom

TPasq

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Terry, I was attempting to wet vent both those fixtures. What could I change to make them wet vents?

M

Michael Dray

Hey!
When you’re investing in your bathroom remodeling project, you want to make sure that the results not only please you but add value to your home and save you money on energy and water as well. An experienced contractor will do exploratory work very professional, pleasant and do real quality work. You'll really pleased with the results.
All the Best!:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks