Bathroom remodel complete -- thank you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Ajmicek

Reaction score
So our bathroom had a wobbly and chipped pedestal sink, a 1994 toilet that ran endlessly and flushed very little (Kohler Wellworth -- I know, classic double flusher)... and it was like walking into an eggplant:
before.jpg

I'd never done a bathroom, and I've done very little plumbing. But I recently finished doing all the work on our bathroom remodel. Here are the plumbing highlights:

- TOTO Drake 1.6GPF round front
- Delta Trinsic faucet
- Dahl angle stops

And I would not have been able to do ANY of this without you all. From you fine folks here I learned about:

- Toilets and what TOTO does better (replaced that Kohler Wellworth, and the TOTO is rated to clear something like 7 times the waste in grams... holy... crap)
- ABS and PVC DWV
- What DWV means
- Delta faucets and why plumbers like them (though, whoah, there are a lot of faucet opinions) -- here is our Delta Trinsic:
IMG_3937.JPG

- Pasco 4661 compression sleeve puller (for changing angle stops out to Dahl):
IMG_3929.JPG

- Wax rings (our floor looks like this one in Terry's post) -- I did exactly as instructed; stacked normal height wax rings, the top one has a horn
- P traps (the 45° slip joint union in case we got a wider vanity was a great tip):
IMG_3933.JPG

- How to stop leaks from drain tailpieces

And as a bonus, our sump pump check valve started leaking during the remodel (when it rains, it pours), and I already had the Zoeller "Quiet Check" valve in my house, as recommended by this forum!

Amazing. Thank you thank you thank you.

Oh, and here's the final result (minus mirror):
IMG_3928.JPG

P.S. My wife picked everything out and she would've been right there working next to me... if the room wasn't so small!!

SWong

Reaction score
Good choice selecting Dahl for your shutoffs. I wish I did this years ago however better late then never. Thanks for sharing!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks