Bathroom Faucets - Looking Old is in Style!

Users who are viewing this thread

G

Gloriaair

Listed here are the characteristics you may expect from them.

Antique Brass Is Very Elegant Looking

Antique bathroom faucets are the preferred look of contemporary interior creative designers. The old look provides the antique impact which they wish to see in today's bathrooms. Simply by putting in these types of fixtures in the sink, they are going to present the fashionable and innovative design of medieval magnificent homes.

You are able to complement them with brass shower heads and antique looking cabinets to finish the appearance. Together with your creativity and ingenuity, you are able to change your room to appear just like the bygone periods amongst the modern living you might have.

Antique Brass Bathroom Fixtures Are Very High In Functionality

Even though they appear aged, brass bathroom faucets are high in performance. They are able to contend with the various other modern-looking faucets on the market.

They have 2 knobs which supply you with cold and hot water to satisfy your own requirements. With these types of functions, it will not seem like you're residing in the prehistoric era. You are able to happily benefit from the breakthroughs in technology however preserve the old-style exterior design that you would like.

Antique Brass Bathroom Faucets Will Last A Long Time

The overall finish of brass assures full use of high quality materials. The valve includes ceramic materials, and the body is produced from genuine brass and comes with an antique finish. These traits assure that you will never ever encounter a leaking faucet, so long as the installation is performed correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peterjame

Reaction score
Brass to copper sweating

I just bought new valves for a widespread deck top mount. It appears there are two options to couple the valves and spout all together. One is the brass valves have threaded ends, but the second option ehich i an interested in, is it looks like i can sweat the copper extension pieces into the valve bodies. And the old one appear to have been sweated together the same way. Or is it really solder that is holding them together ? I've tried heating the old valve bodies up to remove the old copper extensions but the don't come loose. Is this just a a matter of needing ore heat to break old coupling apart ?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; With these types of functions, it will not seem like you're residing in the prehistoric era.

Two handles for hot and cold, DO date to the prehistoric era, at least after we started having hot water.

quote; Is this just a a matter of needing ore heat to break old coupling apart ?

WHen they are "soldered together' by the manufacturer, they "braze" them, so YES you do need a LOT more heat, but even then you may not get them apart. But why would you want to if you have new faucets?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I just bought new valves for a widespread deck top mount. It appears there are two options to couple the valves and spout all together. One is the brass valves have threaded ends, but the second option ehich i an interested in, is it looks like i can sweat the copper extension pieces into the valve bodies. And the old one appear to have been sweated together the same way. Or is it really solder that is holding them together ? I've tried heating the old valve bodies up to remove the old copper extensions but the don't come loose. Is this just a a matter of needing ore heat to break old coupling apart ?
I don't know what brand of faucet you are looking at. Most come with the two valves and the spout permanently connected together into an assembly ( brazed joints) or with flex line interconnections, allowing variable spread distance.

As for finishes: I refer you to the following past fancies: harvest gold, antique brass, avocado, etc.
Polished chrome, with white porcelain, is a timeless design.

Peterjame

Reaction score
Thanks Jimbo ! The faucet set is a Pfister Avalon, comes with independent valves and flex hoses (2). My deck spacing is 9" and there were no 9" sets available. The hoses are 14" and seems to be way long.... Directions have a 5" min. Mine are 4.5" spacing, so with my infinite wisdom thought I would solder this all together ..... You mentioned the old valves were probable blazed together. Can they be soldered reliably ?

Looks like I sent out a replica post as well.... ,day ...

Peterjame

Reaction score
I was trying to understand the weld type, as I was planning on solder the new independent valve bodies together with solder. I don't have the capability to braze, so thinking of soldering as an alternative... Are there concerns with that ? Brass to copper ok?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Brazing is stronger, but soldering should be sufficient. But, trying to disassemble a brazed joint may not happen easily - you may need enough heat to damage the finish on the valve's exterior. Then, it's possible that the size of the bits brazed in there may not be the same size as convention plumbing since they weren't designed to ever be taken apart, they could use whatever they wanted as long at the last connection was standard to connect to the supply.

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
Thanks Jimbo ! The faucet set is a Pfister Avalon, comes with independent valves and flex hoses (2). My deck spacing is 9" and there were no 9" sets available. The hoses are 14" and seems to be way long.... Directions have a 5" min. Mine are 4.5" spacing, so with my infinite wisdom thought I would solder this all together ..... You mentioned the old valves were probable blazed together. Can they be soldered reliably ?

Looks like I sent out a replica post as well.... ,day ...

If you have 4.5" centered between each hole then you do not need to do anything special. That would give you a 9" spread between handles.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

8" is a "standard" dimension, but those faucets will adjust from 8" to 14" centers without any changes. That is why the hoses ares so long, but their length is immaterial for you usage.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks