Bathroom DWV Layout

Users who are viewing this thread

handyman923

Reaction score
I am putting a small addition on the back of our house with a new bathroom. I was hoping I could get some reviews of my DWV layout. It is a simple bathroom with the vanity, toilet, and tub/shower.

Originally I was going to use a horizontal wet vent, but my plumbing inspector told me that the toilet has to be the first fixture, so I am stuck venting each fixture.

I am in Portland, Oregon, so we use the UPC.

Thanks in advance! Bathroom Vent.jpg

Timf

Reaction score
I’m not a professional, but a few thoughts and observations…

1) Venting all the trap arms like you show is good
2) For the lav and tub, although maybe not required by code, I’d consider 2” drain lines
3) Off the rolled wye on the toilet vent (if rolled 45 degrees), I think the 45 you show may need to be a 60
4) For the toilet vent elbow, use a long sweep 90 where the vent goes from horizontal to vertical

handyman923

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback...

I have changed the fiitings below the flood line to all drain fittings. I like Terry's idea of using a wet vent for the lav, but I think it will probably be over 42". I'll have to play around with the 45 or 60 at the rolled wye.

I have updated my sketch and highlighted my changes.

Thanks again!

Bathroom Vent 2.jpg

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
The vent for the toilet MUST rise vertically until it is 6" above the flood level rim of the highest fixture served which in your case would be the lav so, that flat section between the rolled 45 and the elbow can NOT be flat.

handyman923

Reaction score
What defines vertical? Is it 45 degrees to the horizontal or more? If so, maybe I can slope that flat section up until I get into the wall.

Goat

Reaction score
hi terry, that's a great link '' Burt Polk's plumbing tips '' you think you could list some more comprehensive links relating to drain and venting coeds, I live in NC, if it matters.

Goat

Reaction score
hi terry, that's a great link '' Burt Polk's plumbing tips '' you think you could list some more comprehensive links relating to drain and venting coeds, I live in NC, if it matters.

I'm new to forums so my formatting and ability to display images is poor. But I'd gladly take advice from anyone with coed abiding plumbing advice particularly at this time drains and venting. Any good links would be helpful. thank you for your time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks