Bathroom Double Sink Vanity plumbing question/issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Philip Miller

Reaction score
So over the weekend i sprung a leak in my double vanity that was previously installed by the previous owners, in the process of using the cheaper all in one kits i got fed up and decided to go straight 1 1/2 pvc pipe since that was the previous set up, however i have hit a snag between the tailpipe that has a 1 1/4 adaptor to a 1 1/2 opening and then trying to meet this up with a wye pipe and p trap then have it bend around to the 1 1/2 water outlet, i can do a coupling with 2 " pvc sections i cut so that it would meet the p trap from the water outlet, yet im not sure if there are a pipe/tool i need to have implemented to join the tailpiece from my right sink to the wye pipe and then link that to the p trap without too much headache.

I've included some pictures, for your perusal to see if i am way off base and crazy or if there is something i need to implement or do differently....

Thanks for any assistance!

Attachments

• IMG_0858.jpg
    IMG_0858.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0859.jpg
    IMG_0859.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0860.jpg
    IMG_0860.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0861.jpg
    IMG_0861.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0862.jpg
    IMG_0862.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0863.jpg
    IMG_0863.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0864.jpg
    IMG_0864.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0865.jpg
    IMG_0865.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0866.jpg
    IMG_0866.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0867.jpg
    IMG_0867.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 124

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You might as well pick up some tubular fittings for a kitchen sink.
They make a 1.5" x 1.25" slip joint washer that converts at the tail piece of the lavs.

Not something us plumbers are doing, we could have changed it in the wall.

Philip Miller

Reaction score
You might as well pick up some tubular fittings for a kitchen sink.
They make a 1.5" x 1.25" slip joint washer that converts at the tail piece of the lavs.

Not something us plumbers are doing, we could have changed it in the wall.

Yea, i was afraid of that, the store didn't have the wye in 1 and 1/4 or i would've done the entire thing 1 1/4.

That one adaptor fitting i have on each tailpipe as picture in the image ending in 865.

If i get the 1 1/2 x 1 1/4 washer would I still run into the same issue? since i dont have anything to join that wye fitting to the tailpiece it seems, was going to dry fit everything then cement it. I'm definitely a beginner at this, looked like i'd be able to do it easy, guess i was wrong ;)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
disposer-piping-change-5.jpg

What you had at the wall would have been a 1.5" trap adapter that takes all the parts I use on a kitchen sink.

Maybe with a reversing p-trap though. Your drain at the wall is a bit high for adding the tee.

reverse-p-trap-install.jpg

Philip Miller

Reaction score
Interesting, the previous owners had reversed the p-trap and i thought that was weird so i had put it back the way it was in the new way i was trying to implement, guess i can put it back the way they had it 'the reverse p trap' (wish i had taken a picture then) but i was frustrated trying to fix it myself.

And the wall outlet is a bit high, probably why i had such bad drainage from my left sink, so i thought putting the wye in would help. Should have planned it a little more before just ripping everything out haha hoorah.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks