Bathroom Addition - Plumbing Advice needed!

Users who are viewing this thread

drew256

Reaction score
I am in the process of renovating a home (build mid to late 70's). Part of the renovation is converting a second living room and dining room into a master suite. I am having trouble laying out the rough plumbing with the existing structure while adhering to the IPC 2006. Several options have been thought up, but all seem to be over complicating the layout. It is understood that a vent will be required to run up to the second story attic to tie into an existing vent stack; however I am trying to eliminate any upstairs work/drywall repairs. Does anyone have any suggested layouts that will minimize the number of vents that will be required? Is there any way to properly vent this bathroom with one stack to the upstairs? I have attached the proposed layout (with notes) and a 3D rendering. All drywall within the proposed bathroom has been removed and I have access to the entire crawlspace below.

Thank you in advance to anybody that has any advice and/or suggestions!!

IMG_0897.jpg IMG_0896.PNG

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
If your main sewer line is low enough this looks like it will work. unless I'm wrong.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0897.jpg
    IMG_0897.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 162
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks