BATHROOM ABOVE SLAB!

Users who are viewing this thread

james moffitt

Reaction score
I am building a 20x30 shop without plumbing in slab. We have decided now to build a 1/2 bath so we can move our office to building as well. How can I do this without breaking slab to install plumbing????

Reach4

Reaction score
I am building a 20x30 shop without plumbing in slab. We have decided now to build a 1/2 bath so we can move our office to building as well. How can I do this without breaking slab to install plumbing????
Rear exit toilet, or Saniflo will minimize slab breaking.

Are you in the warm part of Texas, or the cold part? Usually you would need to break concrete to run your underground sewer at least. Most of Texas is under IPC, so 3 inch can slope 1/8 inch/foot.

james moffitt

Reaction score
Rear exit toilet, or Saniflo will minimize slab breaking.

Are you in the warm part of Texas, or the cold part? Usually you would need to break concrete to run your underground sewer at least. Most of Texas is under IPC, so 3 inch can slope 1/8 inch/foot.
LOL! well everything in Texas is HOT unless its January or February our coldest months. i was thinking of maybe building a riser off of floor for 1/2 bath to accommodate plumbing??? my tanks are approximately 80 ft from slab.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It depends on your ceiling height...raising the whole bathroom from the main floor could work. But, if it is just a sink and toilet, a rear outlet toilet or something like a SaniFlo is probably the easiest to accommodate. You can run a shower into it (I think), but that would require raising the floor. Trying to drain that without going out the bottom means a big step in/out of the shower, and to me, that presents a safety hazard...better to have the whole floor on an even keel even if you have to raise it from the slab outside if you're unwilling to crack the slab to install. FWIW, relying on gravity rather than a pump would be my preference, so cracking the slab for the drains would be my choice.

Reach4

Reaction score
well everything in Texas is HOT unless its January or February our coldest months.
Those are the months that freezing is a design factor. The highest recorded temperature in Amarillo is 111.0°F (43.9°C), which was recorded in June. The lowest recorded temperature in Amarillo is -14.0°F (-25.6°C), which was recorded in February.

my tanks are approximately 80 ft from slab.
Septic tanks? So you plan to trench in a new 3 inch line to serve the bathroom and whatever else.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
never done it befor but a rear outlet on an outside wall might be in order box out around it outside building? or posibly no hub 90 just exposed and painted to match barely showing. Its a shop I dont think an easy solution be that hard to come up with if a minor thing was showing away from main approach

james moffitt

Reaction score
Those are the months that freezing is a design factor. The highest recorded temperature in Amarillo is 111.0°F (43.9°C), which was recorded in June. The lowest recorded temperature in Amarillo is -14.0°F (-25.6°C), which was recorded in February.

Septic tanks? So you plan to trench in a new 3 inch line to serve the bathroom and whatever else.
well i may trench or just drop a small tank behind shop. more than likely i will drop tank behind shop

james moffitt

Reaction score
never done it befor but a rear outlet on an outside wall might be in order box out around it outside building? or posibly no hub 90 just exposed and painted to match barely showing. Its a shop I dont think an easy solution be that hard to come up with if a minor thing was showing away from main approach
my thoughts exactly

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
you could put a 3 " santee up tight to building and use top as a cleanout. inside wall a 3x3x2 combi 2 inch looking up for vent with 2x2x1 1/2 santee pointed to side for your lav . This will put lav and w/c side by side on outside wall (if acceptable to desired floor plan)
The only thing is fitting the combi in wall would likely mean holding the main waste several inches away from out side building cant be too close or furing wall on inside will be needed ,probebly not a big deal on a half bath to run 4 studs to fur it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks