Bath Tub Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Weekend Handyman

Reaction score
Hello. I have my new tub installed. Every now and then I get a little noise when I step to the back wall and then step to the apron. Otherwise it is very quiet. I think one of the two rear legs is moving slightly slightly. I have decent access to the leg. I was thinking of putting some water into the tub then applying some construction adhesive to glue it in place. Does this sound like a good idea. Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated.

Reach4

Reaction score
Can you shove small (golf ball size maybe) lumps of mortar in sandwich bags into the gap? The mortar balls should get smushed as you insert. Mortar does not use air to cure, and will cure better without air.

Weekend Handyman

Reaction score
I sometimes use adhesive to stick a tub better. Not all floors and tubs are perfectly matched for level.

Thanks Terry. I was going to apply the adhesive then put some water in and let it sit for 24 hours (cure time for PL premium). Make sense?

Weekend Handyman

Reaction score
Can you shove small (golf ball size maybe) lumps of mortar in sandwich bags into the gap? The mortar balls should get smushed as you insert. Mortar does not use air to cure, and will cure better without air.

Unfortunately, no. It's more a matter of I think the leg is moving on the cedar shim.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks