Bath tub drain assembly and how to replace it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Jayson T

Reaction score
I would like to remove my old drain basket and replace it with a new one. However, it doesn’t appear to by a typical drain with the crossbars. I’m afraid to torque on it and mess it up or find out it’s not threaded etc. has anyone had experience removing this trip of drain?

Attachments

• 59815FF5-A589-4D52-A305-3FA465A8EAFB.jpeg
    59815FF5-A589-4D52-A305-3FA465A8EAFB.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 167

Nebojsa

Reaction score
If the cross bar are there i use Tub drain removal tool. If the cross bar is missing then i will use Superior Tub drain extractor

tubdrain-redwood.jpg

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Very easy to remove BUT you must go slowly and pay close attention

I use a sawzall but I would strongly suggest you use a hacksaw blade and slowly cut the flange and down the side making sure you do not go to deep

Then make another cut about a 1/2" away from your first cut again just enough that you reach the old threads but not to deep as to damage them

After the two cuts are made get an old flat screw driver and hammer and gently hit the middle section of the two cuts and the piece should start to bend in

Once that piece (cut piece) is removed then fold in either of the sides where the piece was removed and once it is folded in you can remove the piece with needle nose pliers

wingtite_4.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks