bath room wall fiber glass cleaner

Users who are viewing this thread

arianman

Reaction score
I am planning to replace the single handle tub faucet hole round cover plate
with another plate of different shape and size.
When I removed the old plate, the fibre glass finish behind the old plate does not match the rest because of years of being inexposed.

Is there any cleaning, polishing solution that can make it appear same at the rest of the fireglass?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
??????

Most fibreglass tubs have a gel coat finish. I do not know any easy way to polish this without involving some refinishing.

As a practical matter, the life expectancy of a onepiece unit does not exceed the life of the faucet. Remodel is the real answer ( ie replace the tub/shower). But we know this is a lot of work; consider calling a fibreglass spe******t to take care of this for you.

If any plumbers have easier "magic bullet" solutions I am all ears, because this is a common problem.

The word I am trying to put in the sentence is S P E C I A L I S T. I don't understand why the system is bleeping that word.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Look at the letters inbetween the the ones that stayed.
It spells one of the words that I was spending 45 minutes a day deleting.
Nothing to to with plumbing. Well, maybe human plumbing.

gg_gg1.gif

For polishing, you can try Gel-Gloss.

RioHyde

Plumber
Reaction score
lol...the letters between the ones that stayed....roflol. Took me a minute to get it too, Jimbo. Maybe we should just spell it as it sounds...speshalust?

Terry, I use Gel Gloss too and find it to be just about the best thing out there for polishing things up.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks