Basement utility sink trap siphoning

Users who are viewing this thread

Dave Bodey

Reaction score
Building a new house, and just had rough plumbing inspection. Got my hand slapped because of my utility sink pump vent/wastewater basement plumbing. I am planning on using a Liberty 404 pump (1-1/2" vent and waste) that pumps up about seven feet to a 3" waste pipe. The pump's vent goes horizontal for about a foot then goes vertical ten feet into a 3" vent stack. The pump's waste goes horizontal for about a foot and then goes vertical seven feet before tying into a 3" waste pipe through a horizontal wye. There are two toilets whose waste enters the waste pipe about five feet and eight feet downstream from the pump. With the calculated head, I anticipate 20 gal/min flow rates from the pump. The inspector was concerned that I would get trap siphoning with this setup, and mentioned something about a "10 foot" rule. He suggested that I move the pump's waste horizontal wye to where the main drain exits the house into the septic tank. Can anyone elaborate on what he is referring to?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks