Basement Sink Drain

Discussion in 'Plumbing Code Questions' started by GeoP, Mar 15, 2021.

1. GeoP

GeoP New Member

Hi, I am looking to add a sink in the basement and have a question about the DWV line. The waste line runs underground (despite being a basement) and the 2" main vent pipe goes under the slab and connects to the main waste line. Can I cut a section out of the 2" vertical vent pipe (above grade) to drain a sink into?

Thanks for the help!

2. PlumbNuts

PlumbNuts SC Licensed Plumbing Contractor

Owner, Plumbing Repair Service
    You said:
    Is there anything else attached to this vent from above? if not then you should be able to connect to it with no prblems. If there is anything else above then the answer would depend upon what is connected to it.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. GeoP

GeoP New Member

There are no water draining fixtures above where I plan to connect. The pipe runs from under the foundation to roof. So that is okay to drain a small bar sink into that?

5. GeoP

GeoP New Member

Another option is the 3" main waste line (going into foundation) is right next to it but there is a clean out right at the height I would need for the sink drain. I guess if it would be somehow better I could add it there instead and move the cleanout higher but would need boots since that pipe has no flex.