Basement sink drain question

Users who are viewing this thread

Timothy Beall

Reaction score
Hello all,
I moved into my home about 7 years ago and I am remodeling my basement bathroom. I removed the vanity and found a standard 1 1/4” drain from sink going into a slightly odd array of reducers/couplings to join the 2” pvc drain sticking out of the the concrete.

At my local hardware store and I cannot find a 2” - 1 1/4” reducer.

I am hoping someone can direct me to the best way I can couple this 2” drain in ground to my future sink which will most likely be 1 1/4”. I can supply pictures if needed.

Note* I did find one option. A 2”-1.5” reducer. From this I can install a couple inches of 2”PVC. then add a rubber fernco reducer 1.5”- 1 1/4” and attach my 1 1/4” drain to this. I didn’t jump at this because the rubber coupling seems more like a repair than freshly replumbed drain.

thanks in Advance!

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
PVC pipe does not come in 1 1/4" . You bring the 2" drain line right to cabinet of the sink. Then use a 2" male coupler that will accept a slip nut. They usually come in a bag with washer to accept a 1 1/2" or a 1 1/4" trap arm.

green-everbilt-washers-washer-kits-c2798c-64_145.jpg
Z-q45uhcpEx_.JPG

Timothy Beall

Reaction score
PVC pipe does not come in 1 1/4" . You bring the 2" drain line right to cabinet of the sink. Then use a 2" male coupler that will accept a slip nut. They usually come in a bag with washer to accept a 1 1/2" or a 1 1/4" trap arm.

green-everbilt-washers-washer-kits-c2798c-64_145.jpg
Z-q45uhcpEx_.JPG
Thank you so much for your post. I found a “trap adaptor” and it’ll work for me. Happy new Year

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks