Basement sink drain and vent identification

Users who are viewing this thread

jwarda052

Reaction score
A few years back, when building our house, we asked the plumber to rough in a sink drain in the basement for a future wet bar. Now I am doing the wet bar and noticed that there are two 1-1/2" pipes coming out of the slab, about two feet apart. I assume that one is a drain and one is a vent, but since they are not marked such, I cannot determine which is which. The only difference that I can tell is how the plumber capped them. One has a normal glued on cap, the other has what I believe to be a dishwasher fitting (see picture) and coupling that were fit without glue. Since I have lost track of the plumber, my hope is that this is some standard way of identifying the vent. Short of this, is there some other way of telling which is drain and which is vent? If not, how do you suggest I proceed?

Thanks in advance,

vent or drain.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks