Basement Shower Tile Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Vern.nelson

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am putting a walk-in shower in my basement. When looking at the shower the left and right walls will be stick framing with drywall (1/2") then covered in kerdi membrane. The back wall is the basement foundation wall and is concrete. This is where my issue lies. The concrete wall is not quite plumb, square level. It also has a vinyl window in it. SO what do I do here? I would like to not loose that much from the depth of the shower and if I fur it out with 2x4s I am going to loose at least 2" (if on their side). What other options do I have? Was thinking Kerdi board and spot attaching it to the concrete but that is hard to come by right now especially where I live. Using smaller furring strips is hard because they bend and hard to find any good lumber. Float the whole concrete wall? But with what? Thanks for the advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks