• Option 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither 1 or 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

JMP

Reaction score
I have opened up my basement bathroom floor to expose the existing drains and was looking for some guidance.
I need to move the toilet drain (which should be fine) and the shower drain (which is currently a 1.5" drain and I believe code is 2" for a shower)
Attached is a picture in pdf format for reference.

My main question is: what is the best way to add a 2" drain from the new shower location?

My thoughts are...
Option 1:
- Cap the 1.5" drain just after the wye from the 2" drain
- Install a Tee on the 2" drain to allow it to continue over to the new shower drain location.
- Now the 2" drain would service the bathroom sink and the shower.
- The 1.5" vent could be connected to the 2" drain to allow for extra (and dry) venting now that the 1.5" drain is capped.

Option 2:
- Cap the 1.5" drain just after the wye from the 2" drain
- Install a Tee on the end of the 3" drain and then reduce to 2" to continue over to the new shower drain location
- Add a Tee in the new 2" section and connect to the 1.5" vent previously used for the old 1.5" drain.

Comments? Do each of the options meet standard requirements? Is one better than the other?

Attachments

• Bath_Plumb_lowres.pdf
    120.1 KB · Views: 122
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks