basement rough in

Users who are viewing this thread

Amjad

Reaction score
I am adding a washroom in my basement and have to do a rough in. 3" black stack is within the 5 feet radius from the planned washroom location. Since the 2" grey stack is more then 12 to 15 feet away. Can I cheat by joining sink and the shower drain in the black (3") stack.
Also, in case if I can will i have to vent the fixtures. Because I thought that the main stack is normally vented in the roof.
I live in Toronto and obviously am not a pro. Help in this regards from some pro would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
In the UPC down here, you cannot wet vent between floors, meaning just because the waste stack ultimately ends up to the roof, you cannot use it as the vent from the basement. Would it work? Probably.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Having the bathroom "within a 5' radius" means absolutely NOTHING. IT does not obviate the need for proper venting, and we cannot tell if ANYTHING you plan to do is proper without a precise diagram showing EXACTLY what you plan to do and HOW you plan to do it.

Amjad

Reaction score
Honestly, I am not too good with computer to give you a drawing. Neither do I have a scanner to scan a floor plan. But in principal can shower and sink drain be tee'd up in 3 inch main stack which is normally used for the toilet.
I understand about the venting so i'll vent the fixtures seperately.
Much appreciated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks