Basement Plumbing

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Brunstown, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Brunstown

Brunstown New Member

97B7647C-2153-4342-933F-C0D5A734F0EA.jpeg
    Everything that currently exists is written in red. Does anyone see any issues with the plumbing additions? I’m not sure how it is in other states. In Alabama, gas fitting and plumbing are regulated by the same state agency but they are different licenses. I’m a master gas fitter but along the way only learned enough plumbing to be dangerous. The thing I am not sure about is the existing 1.5” Vent. Could it be eliminated? If I did that would the new 3” Vent be adequate for the DFU’s. I know the toilet should be the last fixture on a wet vent. Would the toilet by the 1.5” Vent cause a problem because it’s in the middle of the run? Should I vent it independently into the 1.5”?I could very well be totally missing other important things as well. Any input would be appreciated.

2. Brunstown

Brunstown New Member

City inspector goes by IPC

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Sylvan

Sylvan Still learning

plumbing - fire suppression - boiler inspector
    I do not see the BT vented or the shower, why not contact a local master plumber and work something out?

5. Brunstown

Brunstown New Member

Why would the bathtub and shower not be wet vented by the lav?

6. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    The bathtub and shower on the left is vented by the lav in IPC. They are upstream from that toilet.

The fixtures further downstream not so much. You can't bring in a shower or tub downstream of the toilets without venting first.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  7. Brunstown

Brunstown New Member

The 1.5” Vent is connected to the drain. The 3” drain has a 3x3x3 wye. It reduces to the 1.5” with a hub. It is inline with the proposed upstream plumbing. If I increase the vent size and leave the wye connected to the drain would that vent the rest of the fixtures downstream? Is is correct to do 2 wet vents inline like that?

8. Brunstown

Brunstown New Member

C38F6ED4-49DF-4BEF-AF1C-EE02919BE6A1.jpeg
    Hey Terry, what do you think about this layout?