Basement Plumbing Venting.

Users who are viewing this thread

MAYOR

Reaction score
The U of the P-trap would not be under the wall. The trap arm would go to the wall, get vented, and then turn whichever way you want to go after being vented.

Use 3 inch instead of 4 inch to reduce height.

Instead, can you run the lavatory drain pipe over the 3-inch, join the shower trap arm with a wye (thereby wet-venting the shower). Then the output of that junction wyes into the 3 inch.
Unfortunatly I cant run the 2" above the 3 " I'm a bit shallow to get away with that. I'm working on another idea. Stay tuned!

Reach4

Reaction score
It would be 2 inch over 3 inch, but still, that is thick.

How about the lav drain goes around the toilet?

Attachments

• img_4a.jpg
    img_4a.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

MAYOR

Reaction score
It would be 2 inch over 3 inch, but still, that is thick.

How about the lav drain goes around the toilet?

Other idea is to run the wet vent from the vanity p trap through the wall to the other side of the now to be 3” drain. Drop it under the floor run it to the 2” shower then connect to the 3”.
Would this be OK?
Thank you. I have been enjoying this. I have learned a lot.
Please see plan and elevations.
Baement Bathroom Plumbing wet vent in wall..jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
In the Seattle area they now longer have to have the toilet come in downstream of the other fixtures.
They would allow the lav run with 2" on the wet portion to vent the shower and toilet.
I would just wye off for the shower on one side, and then wye off for the lav on the other side.

wet-vent-seattle-example-03.jpg

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Other idea is to run the wet vent from the vanity p trap through the wall to the other side of the now to be 3” drain. Drop it under the floor run it to the 2” shower then connect to the 3”.
Would this be OK?
Yes, that works, assuming the proper slopes and fittings. The connectivity pattern meets the requirements.

Cheers, Wayne

MAYOR

Reaction score
In the Seattle area they now longer have to have the toilet come in downstream of the other fixtures.
They would allow the lav run with 2" on the wet portion to vent the shower and toilet.
I would just wye off for the shower on one side, and then wye off for the lav on the

Yes, that works, assuming the proper slopes and fittings. The connectivity pattern meets the requirements.

Cheers, Wayne
Finally. This has been very interesting. Thank you!
Now I need to figure out why Seattle is different. Seems that they accept what I origanally had exceot the wet connection needs to be closest to the toilet and then the shower can connect with a wye down from the vanity. Ontario does not allow this as far as I know.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Finally. This has been very interesting. Thank you!
Now I need to figure out why Seattle is different. Seems that they accept what I origanally had exceot the wet connection needs to be closest to the toilet and then the shower can connect with a wye down from the vanity. Ontario does not allow this as far as I know.
Seattle still requires that there be only 1 single fixture above the dry vented fixture connection as in the UPC and I believe the Canadian Natl Code but the Washington State amendments allow that the toilet doesn't need to be the Most downstream fixture.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks