Basement plumbing for ejector pump up to main sewage line

Users who are viewing this thread

Rowland Forbes

Reaction score
We're finishing our basement and have installed a holding tank with ejector pump for the waste.

Currently we have the pump connecting to an existing 2" line, which also has the kitchen sink (about 16 feet up the pipe) and a washing machine (about 12 feet down the pipe).

I'm wondering if having the washing machine "down stream" of the ejector pump's pipe is a bad idea?

I've attached a crude sketch for reference, any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20200120_155917.jpg
    20200120_155917.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 424

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Is there a dishwasher at the kitchen sink? What is feeding this holding tank? You may have to increase the horizontal drain to a 3" pipe. A 2" pipe is good up to six "drainage fixture units". A washing machine is 2, kitchen sink is 2, dishwasher is 2.

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Rowland Forbes

Reaction score
This is great, thanks! Yes there's a dishwasher draining into the sink too. The holding tank will be fed by a sink, shower and toilet. I'm going to run a separate line, better safe than sorry!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks