Basement plumbing for ejector pump up to main sewage line

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Rowland Forbes, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Rowland Forbes

Rowland Forbes New Member

We're finishing our basement and have installed a holding tank with ejector pump for the waste.

Currently we have the pump connecting to an existing 2" line, which also has the kitchen sink (about 16 feet up the pipe) and a washing machine (about 12 feet down the pipe).

I'm wondering if having the washing machine "down stream" of the ejector pump's pipe is a bad idea?

I've attached a crude sketch for reference, any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida The wife is still training me.

Retired
    Is there a dishwasher at the kitchen sink? What is feeding this holding tank? You may have to increase the horizontal drain to a 3" pipe. A 2" pipe is good up to six "drainage fixture units". A washing machine is 2, kitchen sink is 2, dishwasher is 2. Here is a chart http://epubs.iapmo.org/2018/UPC/mobile/index.html#p=163

[​IMG]

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Rowland Forbes

Rowland Forbes New Member

This is great, thanks! Yes there's a dishwasher draining into the sink too. The holding tank will be fed by a sink, shower and toilet. I'm going to run a separate line, better safe than sorry!