Basement kitchen sink drain?

Users who are viewing this thread

jt1234

Reaction score
I'm going to remodel my basement. I'd like to put a small kitchen area down there. The sink is going to be on the opposite side of the basement as the ejector pit. I'd like to avoid cutting the foundation. I can run the sink drain pipe around the back sided of the newly framed walls. I would have (4) 90 degree turns and about 80 feet of total run. If I have 1/4 inch drop per foot on the drain, that would be a 20 inch drop over the run. Would this work?

Thanks in advance

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can run the drain as far as you have fall/pitch/grade to do so. You will want to install some form of cleanout upstream of the 90's but also label them that they lead to a sump so that someone operating a snake years from now has a chance to not wind it up on the pump. 20" above your finished floor is doable for a sink mounted to a typical 34.5" cabinet. The depth of the sink, the counter material and whether or not you want to install a disposer come into consideration.

jt1234

Reaction score
You can run the drain as far as you have fall/pitch/grade to do so. You will want to install some form of cleanout upstream of the 90's but also label them that they lead to a sump so that someone operating a snake years from now has a chance to not wind it up on the pump. 20" above your finished floor is doable for a sink mounted to a typical 34.5" cabinet. The depth of the sink, the counter material and whether or not you want to install a disposer come into consideration.

Thank you for the reply.

Reach4

Reaction score
You can run the drain as far as you have fall/pitch/grade to do so. You will want to install some form of cleanout upstream of the 90's but also label them that they lead to a sump so that someone operating a snake years from now has a chance to not wind it up on the pump.
Nice idea. Maybe the label could list the developed length for the path to the pit.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Nice idea. Maybe the label could list the developed length for the path to the pit.

We're required to label cleanouts that lead to backwater valves. A sump is just as bad to operate a cable into. We had plastic tags about 1.5" square that can be glued or screwed onto cleanout plugs and stickers that go on the pipe or wall or cleanout cover.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks