Basement floor drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Thomas S Britt

Reaction score
I have a very old home with the main sewer line being terracotta pipe. There is a corner of my basement that gets water in whenever there is a significant amount of rain. The previous owners had a hole in the floor to let the water drain in. I filled the hole in with concrete but that led to significant flooding. I have since opened the hole back up. Nesided the fact that I don't want a hole in my floor, once the ground has become saturated the floor floods. Also the wet soil smell. My solution wasI want to tap into the sewer pipe as close to the corner and install a floor drain. There is not much distance from the top of the floor to the pipe, so that may not be possible . There is a floor drain approximately 8 feet from the corner. My question is can I place a "t" in the line without a trap and let the water flow into it? Since there is a trap just a bit down the line do I need an additional one?. The corner has a pipe from the outside where the downspout is hooked into. I hope that I have been specific enough

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks