Basement floor drain backed up

Users who are viewing this thread

Chewy55

Reaction score

Our basement floor drain is backed up, it’s not overflowing but it’s right to the top. I’m hoping there a solution for someone who has limited very plumbing knowledge. Just a few weeks ago the sump and ejectors pumps were replaced plus we had some expenses for some water cleanup so I’d I’m trying to avoid more plumbing costs unless this is something I need a professional for. The first picture is the drain but it might be hard to see the water up to the top. I don’t know if they’re relevant but the other pictures and the set up around the drain. Also, if it matters the basement is unfinished and there is no toilet down there.

Any help is really appreciated.

Pic 1.jpg
Pic 2.jpg
Pic 3.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
1. Septic or sewer?
2. Do you think that drain may feed into the sump pump sump?
3. If you slowly flow water into that drain, using a hose, does the level rise, or stay at about the same?

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I would be more concerned about where the drip leg was placed on the gas line as it is in the wrong location and would actually serve no purpose being where it is

Chewy55

Reaction score
It’s sewer, not septic. As far as I know it doesn’t feed into the sump. The sump is about 6 feet to the right of the furnace. I really don’t know what is going on. The two pumps were replaced just about four weeks ago and they both seem to be working. I don’t know when the water started backing up in the floor drain but I just noticed it yesterday. It’s close to the top but hasn’t overflowed on to the basement floor.

Reach4

Reaction score
It’s sewer, not septic. As far as I know it doesn’t feed into the sump. The sump is about 6 feet to the right of the furnace. I really don’t know what is going on. The two pumps were replaced just about four weeks ago and they both seem to be working. I don’t know when the water started backing up in the floor drain but I just noticed it yesterday. It’s close to the top but hasn’t overflowed on to the basement floor.
Where does the sewer line for the house exit the basement, as far as you can see? There should be a cleanout there. Possible answers: through the basement floor. Through the basement wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks