Basement DWV water testing

Users who are viewing this thread

qoch

Reaction score
I have completed the installation of waste drain lines for my basement finishing project and getting ready to water test the DWV lines. Can anyone assist me with the procedure to water test the DWV lines?

qoch

Reaction score
plug the outlet and fill the pipe with 10 feet of water.

I am using two studor vent in the basement and the inspector said they are fine. The only inlets I have are at the p-trap at the bathroom vanity and bar sink. The height from the p-trap to the ceiling joist is approximately 72" (6'). How can I get the 10 feet head and there another way of doing this?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I am using two studor vent in the basement and the inspector said they are fine. The only inlets I have are at the p-trap at the bathroom vanity and bar sink. The height from the p-trap to the ceiling joist is approximately 72" (6'). How can I get the 10 feet head and there another way of doing this?

That should be fine. This is a remodel? Sometimes they also allow a running test. Again, I would ask your inspector what he wants.
They do make a fitting that fits over 1.5" pipe and has a hose fitting, the sink stubout would take that and allow you to fill the plumbing with a hose.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks