Basement bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Darrski

Reaction score
3" just to be on the safe side lol...

I got the toilet and sink figured out - the venting part.....I'm stuck on the tub part....
Problem is...everything sits on concrete floor and drains to main 1/2 floor below it...
Any ideas ?? Sorry ...my drafting skills are not the greatest :(

VENT5.jpg

Again ...thanks for all the advice guys

Esquire

Plumber
Reaction score
Shouldn't the laundry room have a vent in there? I'm not certain, and it's early here so I might have skimmed over some details. Couldn't the vent, which only has to be 1 1/2" tied into the laundry room vent somewhere.
At first I was thinking what others were too - drill the 2+" hole in attic and ceiling in basement and run the length of 1 1/2 up the wall and tie in up in the attic.
It's would require some precise drilling (multi measurements to be certain the holes line up. But that would be my route. With the AAV's they are permitted in Canada only if it's the only solution available... but with that said I've never put them on a setup with a tiolet. I usually keep them to island sinks (only when the other options are impossible) and bar sinks that people always add in finished areas)

Esquire

Plumber
Reaction score
I would run the 3X2 wye
3" run goes to the tiolet.
2"come off the branch of the wye
the 2" the has a 2X11/2 wye
1 1/2 goes to the bathtub.
2 goes the basin, goes vertical up the wall.
at your rough-in height for your sink drain I would put a 2X1 1/2X1 1/2 T

The 2" line wet vents the tub and tiolet, the 1 1/2 above the basin drain becomes the dry continuous vent which you have to connect to the main vent somewhere.

Attachments

• VENT5.jpg
    VENT5.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 291
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks