Basement Bathroom Sink Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimjr

Reaction score
Hello,

I have two questions about our basement bathroom sink plumbing.

I’ve attached three pictures to show the plumbing. The first picture shows that the sink drains vertically into a cast iron pipe in the floor. [This is how the builder’s plumber did the rough in.]

The second picture shows that the p-trap drains into a sanity tee that is horizontal.

The 3rd picture shows the plumbing right behind the wall that the sink attaches to. The vertical pipe is the vent that goes up through the roof (2 inch PVC). The pipe at an angle at the top of the picture is the kitchen sink drain, which has its own vent upstairs. [The horizontal pipe is the backwash drain for the acid neutralizer.]

(1) My first question is, the sanitary tee on its back for drainage does meet the IPC, right?

(2) My 2nd question is about venting. Is any additional venting needed for the bathroom sink?

Thank you,

Jim
floor_drain.jpg

overview.jpg

vent_and_kitchen_drain.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The venting should be on the high side of the pipe. Two ways this is done with AAV's.
The venting is not below the p-trap.

index.php

index.php

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks