Basement bathroom sink drain advice

Users who are viewing this thread

ShaneRPrice

Reaction score
Hello

Please see attached photo. I am installing a lav sink in a basement bathroom. I was originally going to run the drain into the original floor drain (option A) but I read on this forum that is not a good idea even though it flows directly into the grinder pit. Would it be acceptable to run the drain through the wall and into the grinder pit as depicted (option B)?

sink drain.jpg

Thank you for the help

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would do option B, I would box frame a little cut out so the floor drain was still usable, If not it needs to be plugged or sewer gas will escape into the room, and you need to vent the lav either pipe or AAV.

ShaneRPrice

Reaction score
Thank you, can I run the vent to the existing vent in the photo?

I would do option B, I would box frame a little cut out so the floor drain was still usable, If not it needs to be plugged or sewer gas will escape into the room, and you need to vent the lav either pipe or AAV.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks