Basement Bathroom Rough-In - Need help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Justin Foote

Reaction score
I am new to this forum, so I want to thank you in advance for any help you give me.

I am a DIY homeowner finishing my basement. I am almost done, with the exception of roughing in my basement bathroom. I have jackhammered my concrete out of the way and now end up with the below pictures, with little knowledge of where to go from here.

First question, is what do I have in the hole? I assume the pipe sticking vertical is my cleanout. (Do I have to keep that in the basement or once I install the bathroom, it can go away?) There is a large pipe and then another small one next to it. What are these 2 pipes? I assume the big one is the main sewer drain line, and I am guessing that the little one is a vent of some sort, wild guess anyway.

I am putting in a full bath, tub/shower, toilet, and sink. From my understanding I will need a 3” pipe to my toilet, and 2” pipe to my shower with a trap and 2” to the sink drain again with a trap. I just need some assistance in how that is done and done right. Any drawings or layouts would be greatly appreciated. You can see in one of the pictures where the stuff will be placed in my bathroom.

I am unsure how the vent will work here. I have seen it many different ways. It is unlikely I can connect it to the main vent running through my roof, so I am looking at using an Air Admittance Valve and hiding it in the wall with a cover plate for access. I also assume I can use a 2” pipe for the vent and can come off the pipes I place in the ground.

Again, thanks in advance. Just a DIY homeowner who loves to do stuff myself and wants to save some money while doing so.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 258
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 253
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks