Basement bathroom DWV layout w/ wet vent

Users who are viewing this thread

zolotiyeruki

Reaction score
Hi All,

We're drawing up plans for finishing our basement, and I'm currently working on the layout of the DWV piping. I've done a lot of reading, and I *think* have something that'll work, but I'm no plumber, so there may be something I've missed. I've attached two mockups, one showing a view from above, one showing a view from underneath.

It's a 3/4 bath which will drain into an ejector pit. There's also a utility sink in an adjoining room. My thinking is to use the drain from the utility sink as a wet vent for the shower, and the sink's drain as a wet vent for the toilet. The vents will tie in overhead (not shown in the pictures).

I have a couple questions I could use some clarification on:
1) Are there any problems with how I've planned out the sink drain/wet vent for the toilet? It's about a 36" horizontal run from the sink to the vent.
2) Is it ok to use the utility sink's drain as a wet vent for the shower? Where they tie in, does that Y need to be rolled up by 45 degrees?

Attachments

• basement plumbing.png
    basement plumbing.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 363
  • basement plumbing 2.png
    basement plumbing 2.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 317

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Plumbing code doesn't allow for a utility sink to wet vent anything.
They do allow wet venting for bathroom fixtures on the same floor.

zolotiyeruki

Reaction score
I'm glad I asked then! In that case, if the shower has its own vent, and the utility sink's drain is tying into the shower's drain, that tie-in has to happen downstream of the shower's vent, correct (see illustration)?

Attachments

• basement plumbing take 2.png
    basement plumbing take 2.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 299
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks