Basement Bath

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff81

Reaction score
First off this is a great site, I've just recently found it and its full of great information. Second sorry for any strange questions.

So I'm working on the floor plan for the new basement bath and I've got the layout but I'm not sure about the best plumbing layout. I'm trying to follow the Ontario code and i have a few possible designs so if anyone can lend some tips on the best way to go it would be great.

I have not decided if its better to place the shower drain center or offset. I've kept the vent for the toilet within 6', the 2" within 5' and 1.5" within 4', I believe this coincides with code. I tried to keep the flow in the direction of the main as I don't have a whole lot of depth, 1'4" to the invert of the pipe in the middle of the room. For reference the squares are 6"x6".

Pic 1
Capture.PNG1.PNG
Pic 2
Capture.PNG2.PNG
Pic 3
Capture.PNG3.PNG
Pic 4
Capture.PNG4.PNG

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
#1 is a "no go". 2, 3, and 4 are all the SAME drawing with the piping rearranged. You probably do not want that l 1 /2" drain line in the wall from the bar sink and lavatory, and the venting you show for them is NOT proper.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks