Basement bath design review

Users who are viewing this thread

Chuck_MenoFalls

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm about to begin a basement bath project in Wisconsin. Small bath - WC, shower, lav plus a wash sink in the utility room. Septic system with tank entrances 4' above floor so a small pit is required.

Floor Plan:
floor_plan.jpg

psuedo 3D drainage layout:
3D.jpg

I would like to sanity check my assumptions for venting and cleanouts. I'm under the impression I do not need a dedicated CO for the WC or shower - WC is 3" at 24' with 90deg of horiz changes - Shower is 2" at 6' with 45deg change into the wye, and carries another 20' through 3" with 90deg direction changes. Based on this, I believe I can satisfy CO requirements via removing the WC and the shower floor drain (solvent weld P-trap)... am I correct?

For venting, am I ok using the vent from the lav to cover the shower and WC? It's about 10-12' from each DU before the wye connecting the lav.

Finally, I have a question about cleanout clearances. I know I need 18" clearance for the existing CO leading to the tank. How is that clearance defined? I want to locate my pit as close as possible to the outside wall, but I'm unsure if I'll be violating the clearance requirement.

clearance.jpg

Is it a radius (green) or is it a straight planar distance (blue)??

Thanks,
--
Chuck

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks