Basement bar sink with "S" trap

Users who are viewing this thread

homebuyer17

Reaction score
How can this be fixed to meet code and avoid the S trap? It seems the sinks sits directly above the drain instead of offset like most plumbing diagrams show. Would a loop vent or AAV work with this setup?
IMG_5594.jpg

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks like a Pepto-Bismol commercial from the 1960s. The one that didn't make it to the small screen. Terry's definitely got the fix.

homebuyer17

Reaction score
If local code doesn't allow for the use of an AAV, is there any other work around with the drain line bring directly below the sink? It seems a loop vent could be a solution, but every diagram I've seen shows it draining into a line that is offset from the sink.

MKS

Reaction score
I believe the aav is the work around.
The typical method has the drain/vent in the wall.
b8cf74f4c24095a7de2c1dd3f0a26398--pex-plumbing-bathroom-plumbing.jpg

A loop vent still requires a proper vent.
This looks like a bathroom so you may want to be sure all the fixtures are vented correctly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks