Basement Bar Sink Addition

Users who are viewing this thread

Kmanion1470

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am currently finishes my basement. The building roughed in a full bath to the an ejector pit. The ejector pit has its own 2" vent line above. The sink, toilet, and shower have a 1.5" vent above the sink.

Question:

I would like to add a bar sink. It appears I have 2 options I know will work, but I am hoping to use option 3 (drawn below).

Option 1: break open the concrete (it's a lot) and add the drain line into the main drain after all other fixtures.
Option 2: Install a ejector pit behind the wall only for the bar sink and plumb to a new wye drain connection.
Option 3: Run the drain line from the bar sink around the bathroom (at the proper slope) to the ejector pit (Proposed New). Add a 3rd port to drain the sink into the pit (away from the pump and at the height of the main drain).

Plumbing-v5 Marked.png

Will Option 3 work?

Thanks,
Kristopher

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks