basement apt - adding washer and kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Dennis Patterson

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for the advice in advance. I'm hoping someone can take a look and tell me if I'm about to make any big mistakes or if this plan looks good.

I have a basement washroom presently, it vents through an aux vent at the rear of the house. There is a toilet with a 2" vent that also acts as a drain for my main floor laundry, lav sink with 1 1/2"drain, 1 1/2" vent, shower with a 2" drain, 1 1/2" vent. The two 1 1/2" vents join to a 2" vent that passes above to the main floor
Rest of the house is on the main stack (main floor kitchen sink and dishwasher, 2nd floor washroom with tub, sink and toilet.

I would like to add a basement washer (2" trap and drain) to the 2" that the main floor washer drains into that also vents the toilet. I'd vent it to the 2" vent that the sink and shower vent to. I'd like to also add a basement kitch sink 1 1/2" drain to the main stack, venting into the same vent the shower and lav sink vent to (1 1/2" or could tie it in at the point where its a 2" vent). I've attached what I hope to be a decent drawing of my plan as I'm not sure how to post it otherwise, but I tried to add this link as well.
plumbing%20diagram.pdf

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Attachments

• plumbing diagram.pdf
    19.7 KB · Views: 293
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks