Bard 121 not working

Users who are viewing this thread

steve lacroix

Reaction score
I have a Bard 121-A00 (age unknown). We have been using it for a few years but now it will not turn on. Fan, heat or compressor will not operate by jumping red terminal to green fan, yellow compressor or white heat terminal.

There is power going into the panel but no power at the low voltage terminal strip. I know nothing about heat or air units but am inclined to think the problem is the transformer.

Before I start replacing parts can someone here give an opinion on what may be causing the unit not to turn on?

bard.PNG

bard 222.gif

Fitter30

Reaction score
R-C 24v, #2 termial strip line volts. Since theres no fuse holder on the panel layout the transformer probably has a solder in fuse if the trans doesn't smell burnt. If you put a transformer in either buy one with circuit breaker or add a fuse holder with a 3 amp glass fuse for a 40va transformer low voltage side. Something blew the fuse in the transformer, fuse is located just under the winding paper cover.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks