Barand shower faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

228patrick

Reaction score
I have a Barand shower faucet with a temp control cartridge and a flow control (on/off) quarter turn cartridge. I need to replace the flow control cartridge ( drips constantly) I have done some googling and the search resulted in limited info on kitchen and lav faucets but nothing on this shower faucet. The house is about 25years old, but wouldn't think the faucet that old it has stainless steel/ brush nickel trim (basement finished at a later date). Any info would be helpful, model or model number ,parts list or breakdown , where to buy parts etc. Tried to attach pics ,but it wouldn't let me says file to big for server. Thanks in advance

001.jpg
005.jpg
003.jpg
003.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
When trying to find old shower parts, its best to post several pictures of the trim and the valve in the wall and if possible the cartridge to be replaced.

I'm getting hits on Google that indicate that Barand may have been a Concinnity model or line of shower valve.. I don't have any experience with either.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I looked through an old Concinnitty catalog but couldn't find Barand in it.

228patrick

Reaction score
When trying to find old shower parts, its best to post several pictures of the trim and the valve in the wall and if possible the cartridge to be replaced.

I'm getting hits on Google that indicate that Barand may have been a Concinnity model or line of shower valve.. I don't have any experience with either.
Yes Concinnity and Barand names manufactured or imported by IW Industries who filed for bankruptcy in 2004 I've tried to attach pics here taken with phone , but it wont let me I get a The uploaded file is to large for the server to process notice where the image would be. Nice custom built cedar his and hers closets that backs this shower and the wall that separates the two closets seem to fall where the valve is. (Of Course) Told customer I would research and try to find parts before cutting into walls of closet and replacing with a brand that has a better chance of being around in 20 years. Its a shame this valve wasn't cheap

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
At this point its a matter of which side is easier to repair. Might be time to update the tile...

Photos need to be 800 pixels max per side.. Just need to resize it prior to uploading. but nothing I've tried from a phone.

228patrick

Reaction score

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 202

228patrick

Reaction score
Thermostatic cartridge could be this depending on age. This is available in US as well.

Thermostatic cartridge could be this depending on age. This is available in US as well.

View attachment 80777
I am not looking for the temp control cartridge . I am looking for the bottom handle cartridge which turns the water on/off. There are two cartridges or stems here. The top controls temp the bottom controls flow. This valve is dripping so I need the bottom 1/4 cartridge/stem My guess on the age is early 2000,s due to the stainless steel/ brush nickel finish . Thanks

Last edited:

LA1

Reaction score
I have a Barand shower faucet with a temp control cartridge and a flow control (on/off) quarter turn cartridge. I need to replace the flow control cartridge ( drips constantly) I have done some googling and the search resulted in limited info on kitchen and lav faucets but nothing on this shower faucet. The house is about 25years old, but wouldn't think the faucet that old it has stainless steel/ brush nickel trim (basement finished at a later date). Any info would be helpful, model or model number ,parts list or breakdown , where to buy parts etc. Tried to attach pics ,but it wouldn't let me says file to big for server. Thanks in advance
I have the same. I also have a wand over on the wall that has a through tile on/off is causing a drip same with the on /off with the shower. At the moment not too bad. to be prepared I want to know what my options are if it get worse. How does the handle come off the valve ? if there is not a new cartridge available can I just replace the valve with another manufacturer.

LA1

Reaction score
As I stated earlier my Barand shower drips too, I just found out on mine at least, the lever in jpg 003, the one below the temp control when in the down position like in your picture appears to turn off all water going to the unit...no more drips. If I turn the lever CCW 90° the water is on. If your water is on in the down position might be out of phase by 90°. Try turning the lever CW see if it turns off the water to your unit

228patrick

Reaction score
As I stated earlier my Barand shower drips too, I just found out on mine at least, the lever in jpg 003, the one below the temp control when in the down position like in your picture appears to turn off all water going to the unit...no more drips. If I turn the lever CCW 90° the water is on. If your water is on in the down position might be out of phase by 90°. Try turning the lever CW see if it turns off the water to your unit
Exactly the problem I have . The flow control lever in the down position is in the off position , but it drips. I have had cartridge suggestions for temp control but nothing for the flow control. . It it gets any worse , I told the customer we would have to cut out the cedar closet wall behind it and replace with a well known brand that in 20 years we can still get parts for or find

CHeffron

Reaction score
Hello, I have the exact same valve and problem. Has anyone had success finding a flow control valve cartridge?
Thanks !

Last edited:

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
You will need to remove the cartridge to match. It should be the 428031 if the valve is 3/4"

Attachments

• Concinnity (1).pdf
    89.6 KB · Views: 202
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks