Bain Ultra Air Tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Stretch1

Reaction score
I just moved into a house with a Bain ultra air tub. I have tried cleaning it a dozen times but still have dirt coming out of it. Anyone have any ideas what is going on. Thanks!

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Why not contact the manufacturer and ask if Clorox can be used and how much does it need to be diluted

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I have one of those. It's not likely mineral deposits, but soap scum and maybe mildew. I need to do a cleaning on it about every month or so. Even if you're using this as a shower most of the time, it's good to turn the air portion on so that it can do its blow dry function. I use some Palmolive dishsoap and (usually) some bleach, have at least 3-4" of water in the tub, and start and stop it a few times to ensure water gets mixed and into the cavity. Occasionally, I'll use some mildew cleaner in the water. Depending on the control you have, it may turn on automatically...mine is the simpler air switch. The fancier switch has a moisture sensor and will turn it on after you finish a shower.

The type of soap, shampoo, and conditioner you use will somewhat make a difference in how often you have to clean things. FWIW, mine's a 6' one, but that shouldn't make any difference.

If yours also has water jets, then you should follow their cleaning procedure. The in-line heater that's probably in the water jet version could see some mineral deposits, and vinegar would help. If it's air only, I'd use a detergent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks