Badger 5 Install OOPS - Easy way out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Snorp

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello folks. It's been awhile since I was last here. I appreciate what you guys do to help us DIYers muddling through our projects.

I'll be brief. Installed a Badger 5 today in a tight space - tight because of the plumbing layout. Tested it - metallic clanking sound. Then I realized that I hadn't fished out the dishwasher plug.

I don't remember how I got the plug out of the unit I just replaced (badger 9, lasted a long time) but I assume it probably involves an uninstall, turn it upside down and shake - right?

I'm grasping at straws here and looking to get out of a 'full' reinstall in that small space.

Any and all comments will be greatly appreciated.

Andy

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sometimes, you can just reach it from the drain if your hand is small enough...make sure you or someone else can't turn it on! Probably safest to remove the plug, unless it's hard wired.

Snorp

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, you can just reach it from the drain if your hand is small enough...make sure you or someone else can't turn it on! Probably safest to remove the plug, unless it's hard wired.

Thanks Jadnashua. My hands are somewhat small - I'll give it a try.

Snorp

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Yes Jadnashua, I was able to reach into the 'grinder bowl' but I couldn't feel or see anything other than the 'grinder blades'.

So - I called the company for help. After being told that it wasn't likely or possible for the plug to be anywhere else but in the 'grinder bowl' I tried again and found that the plug was mashed up against the side of the bowl and had been ground down to be very thin. I was able to dislodge it and now the Badger 4 works great.

Thanks again for your interest and comment.

Regards

Andy Fern

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks