Bad Install? Video included

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Without seeing it very well there is the remotest of chances I'm wrong but his workmanship twice has been poor the pan shouldn't rock like that , true the tile job will make it tighter but that's not how its done I put a screw or nail either through the flange by drilling a hole or just at the top edge and the nail head will grab it at least 4 or 5 so it has zero rocking

kohler-pan-screws.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
100% not acceptable work. The wall installer is 100% correct and did you a huge favor on top of covering his a$$ not wanting to have to come back and redo work too.

There are some shower pans that I have attempted to install that were so thin that there was no way to keep them secure.. we scrapped them and had to choose a different pan.

Swanstone makes great shower pans.

No matter which pan, it must not rock, flex or squeak. It should feel solid under your feet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks