Backflushing a shower valve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Vtxrider

Reaction score
I have a symmons shower valve I'd like to back flush. I believe I got something that might be caught in elbow going into it. Long story about hot water temp. I don't have a drain to open for the HW drain into. Normally I'll use buckets. My washer sits a floor below the shower and uses the same line. Hot and cold lines are separate valves for the washer. I thought about connecting a hose to the hot line for the washer and run it out the window. Would work?

Vtxrider

Reaction score
The water heater has a drain valve at the bottom. It has a garden hose thread.
I understand that. Used it many times. I mentioned I don't have a drain or a slop sink to drain in to. Like do something easy then emptying 5 gallon pails.

Reach4

Reaction score
I understand that. Used it many times. I mentioned I don't have a drain or a slop sink to drain in to. Like do something easy then emptying 5 gallon pails.
Out the window works great normally.

Vtxrider

Reaction score
Out the window works great normally.
If I connect a hose to the drain, would the cold water have a enough pressure to push it out a cellar window that is about 6 ft off the floor? The tank is about 6ft from the window. I'm guessing it would because it pushes it around the house. Is that right?

Reach4

Reaction score
Figure about 1/2 psi per foot. So 10 psi about 20 ft. City water is normally at least 40 psi.

Coincidentally, I have been pushing water out of a window this week with my little utility pump during my water treatment cleaning operations. That pump produces 10 psi deadhead. My rise was maybe 15 ft, so the flow rate was not high.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks