back-up water powered sump

Users who are viewing this thread

Kskier

Home Handyman
Reaction score
i have installed a back-up water sump from home depot, and it is not keeping up with the water coming into the sump hole. i have installed 3/4 pipe right off the main 3/4 line. a local dealer carries the guardian pump by aymcdonald, whcih i am leaning towards, but it is 3 times the price, and i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this pump??

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Water powered sump pumps are about as useful as udders on a bull!

Get a Zoeller or Liberty sump pump installed and you will pump some serious water. I personally if in a critical location would consider an alternating duplex system wifh an alarm, using a standby generator for power back up.

A cheaper alternative that will provide 8 - 12 hours back up would be the zoeller 510 battery powered unit which will do about 20 GPM out of a typical basement (10' head)

Kskier

Home Handyman
Reaction score
thanks for the reply. I have looked into the battery setup, and I have never had good luck with battery back up anything. I just ended up buying the guardian from aymcdonald, and I have to say that it keeps up with my zoeler electric pump. it was alot more money.....347.00, virsus 99.00 for the one at home depot, but this one is very well built, and does the job! sometimes, I guess you get what you pay for.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
A Zoeller M53 will pump 34 GPM @ 10'

The Macdonald water pump is rated at 12.5 GPM @10'

The Zoeller 507 battery back up will do 15 GPM @ 10'

The Zoeller 510 battery back up will do 22 GPM @ 10'

The Aquanot 2 battery back up will do 36 GPM @ 10'

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks