Back up in my shower

Users who are viewing this thread

KitKat

Reaction score
In the last two weeks, there has been back up from my shower drain. From reading other threads on this website, I've gathered it's something to do with venting (not sure how that works) that is not adequate in handling water that is flushed from my washer during the drain cycle.

The drain backed up for the first time while I took a shower the other day, also... then drained back out. This has never happened before.

Should I get a plumber here, or is there anything I can try myself? Would Drano do, or do I need something mechanical to clear the drain?

Help!:eek:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
A slow drain is never related to your vent. If you have a slow drain, the drain line is clogged, and you need a plumber with serious cleaning machinery.

Master Plumber 101

In the Trades
Reaction score
KitKat, Is there any other fix backing up in your shower other than what you stated. If not it should be a easy fix. I recommend the Rigid Coleman hand auger.It's about $25 at Home depot. Remove strainer from shower bend the tip of the auger to a 45 degree bend, insert, spinand feed. Keep going untill drain open's up.Don't use draino! Bad!Bad!Bad!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks