Back-to-back vanity DWV

Users who are viewing this thread

Bsperr

Reaction score
We remodeled our master bath a while back and I'm working on the guest bath now. When we did our master bath, I didn't realize that the vanities in the two bathrooms would end up back-to-back, or else I might have done it differently. In the picture, you can see the back side of the master bath vanity rough in. I'm pretty sure I can't just extend the trap arm for the master bath with a combo wye and add a new trap arm for the guest bath (unless one of the experts says otherwise). Does the way I have it drawn on the picture look like the best way to install the new DWV for the guest bath vanity or is there a better way?
bathroom rough.jpg

Attachments

• bathroom rough.jpg
    bathroom rough.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,306

Bsperr

Reaction score
new bathroom rough.jpg

On second thought, can I just wet vent the new vanity above the old vanity by cutting in a new santee (assuming that this doesn't put the new p trap too high for the new sink)? All of the fixtures in the master bath are connected to this vertical wet vent section. I'm under IPC, so can I wet vent this bathroom off that section too?

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Since you have 2" pipe there, you can wet vent one lav over the other.
That would be the easiest way to do it, and it passes all inspections.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks