B2B showers w/ extreme pressure variations

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike Garrod

Mike G
Reaction score
I have not gone to look yet, but from what homeowner explained over the phone, one shower he could "walk around in for 4 hours and barely be wet", while the other one is "like a pressure washer." It sounds to me like it is a back-to-back setup, and the diverters are Moen's. He sounds like a guy who isn't completely oblivious and incompetent as he told me he has changed the cartridges and shower heads. Anyone have any suggestions? Just like to arm myself with some other plumbers insight and possible experiences with similar situations. He was also saying they have had some problems with calcium buildup? Seems to me if this was the case that more fixtures would probably be affected, instead of just the showers. No? But depending on the way it is piped, maybe some type of debris is causing a lack of flow one way?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If they are back to back Moen, and they crossed the water to one without installing that cartridge 180 degrees off, then that one will open with low pressure hot.
Normally the Posi-Temp opens with cold and as you swing it to the left gets warmer. If the low pressure valve opens hot, pull the handle, pull the clip, turn the cartridge and reassemble.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks