Autotrol 460i Capacity Setting advice please

Users who are viewing this thread

Bernard Cadogan

Reaction score
I have a Water Softener with an Autotrol 460i control unit. I'm having trouble trying to work out what value to set the Capacity at. It currently shows a value of 0.9 which I suspect may be wrong. My water is described by my water company as very hard with a Clark value of 22.51.

The specs for the water softener describe it as having a 1,700 Ltr per cycle capacity at 300 ppm hardness and using 1.6 kg of salt per regeneration. The specs also say the water used per regeneration is 76 litres with a 65% salt efficiency. and the Capacity of the softener is described as 10 Ltr resin tank and 20 kg salt storage.

I've looked hard at the instruction manual and when it is talking about the Capacity setting it refers to a "Table 1" which is headed "Table 1 - Suggested Salt Dial Settings (Pounds of Salt) for various Size Softeners" but it gives no clue as to how I should read this table and therefore (I assume) what value I should ensure is displayed when I use the Capacity jumper. I've attached a copy of the Capacity table so you can see what I'm referring to.

Can anyone help please?

Attachments

• Capacity Table.JPG
    Capacity Table.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 408

Bannerman

Reaction score
The measurement numbers you refer to are not standard in the US or Canada although those indicated in the chart are standard in North America. Are you located in Leamington UK?

I attempted to find an online conversion for 'Clark hardness value' to grains per gallon or alternatively, Clark to mg per litre or ppm, but so far, no success. We would better understand mg per litre or ppm.

When you say your water company, is that a municipal water supplier which supplies multiple homes, or the company that setup your pump and equipment for your private well?

A 10 litre tank equates to only 0.353 ft3 of softening media so I suspect your softener is extremely small and may fit in a cupboard below a kitchen sink.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks