Autotrol 368 valve opinions

Users who are viewing this thread

Treeman

Reaction score
I sized and installed a water softener a few years ago with an excellent Clack valve based on superb information gleaned here. My first ever water softener had an Autotrol valve with clock type meter that was VERY reliable for the 18 years I had it.

I know that Clack and Fleck get the most attention here. What are the current opinions of the Autotrol 368? Still high quality, parts available, U.S. made? Pros and cons?
https://www.pentair.com/content/dam...ts/english/4002013-auotrol-368-spec-sheet.pdf

My son is considering a Pentair unit with Autotrol 368 valve. Thank you.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The "Peanut" valve as it is known is a strange valve. I do not know how much life the platform has left in it. I believe it was developed for the Big Box store type of market, compact, inexpensive etc. I have a few here but have never seen any interest in it. Personally, I would recommend against it.
upload_2021-1-16_7-22-51.png

Treeman

Reaction score
After putting more effort into researching it, I came to the same conclusion. It is NOT the Autotrol that I had such great reliability with years ago. It has funky (maybe) programming abilities I have not figured out. I.E., it auto regenerates at 7 days (no adjustment) - with no iron water you might be regenerating too often. Only 2 salt lbs. settings HC/HE? The model of interest is only 0.8 cu. ft. resin (but, he lives alone). https://www.pentair.com/content/dam/extranet/omnifilter/manuals/4000984_om26k_io_manual.pdf
It might work for a very specific application.

Thank you so much for your input.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks